Licences and Permits
Sub-surface contractors are subject to stringent requirements for certification, permits and licences. We feel we are well equipped. K.A.J. Dykkertjeneste AS has approvals and certificates from Lloyds, Veritas, Sellihca and Exxon. We also have official approval for assuming full project responsibility. This ensures a high level of quality in all phases of our assignments and gives you as our client maximum security when you select us as your partner.
DNV/Lloyds have the following requirements for diving companies performing sub-surface inspections of ships and mobile off-shore units:
- Documented experience
- Equipment (requirements include closed circuit television (CCTV) recordings of all jobs and all instruments must have documented maintenance procedures, and providers of maintenance services on diving equipment (etc.) must be approved.
- Approved list of equipment and tools with user instructions
- Approved quality assurance manuals for all aspects of the operation
- Approved Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) manual and diving manual
- Approved reporting procedure and reporting form
- Approved checklist for inspections
- Approved training procedures for new divers / inspectors
- Approved procedure for use of subcontractors